Nanny vs Babysitter
- A nanny is a professional person employed to provide childcare for a family in the family home.
- The schedule is on a permanent and consistent basis.
- Duties include anything that pertains to the child. The duties of the Nanny usually include tidying up the main areas of the house, children’s laundry, organizing children’s play areas, planning activities, driving, meal prep, and homework help.
- Pay range is usually between $15-$25/hour based on their childcare experience and the number of children.
- A babysitter is a person who comes on an “as-needed” basis to provide childcare for a family in the family home.
- Babysitters usually do not have a consistent schedule.
- Their duties include anything for the child during the period of time they are working.
- Duties would include cleaning up after children, preparing snacks and meals while they are working.
- Pay range is usually between $20-30/hour based on their childcare experience and the number of children being cared for.